New Book Release: “Sometimes After Dark”
Posted On July 3, 2019
A collection of thoughtful tales by J Dark
Among the tales collected here to make you think, question, and wonder …
- A rescue mission in a combat zone on a hostile planet becomes something more
- A young girl, searching for the parents who abandoned her, discovers that some answers only lead to more questions
- A young boy learns that it takes more than superpowers to become a hero
- A man who had led a less-than-perfect life finds out that it’s never too late for redemption
- A dying Afghanistan veteran’s last moments of his life are not what he expected them to be
- And, sometimes, on the night before Christmas, it is not always a silent night
Explore the past, future, and triumphs of the human soul.
This is a terrific collection of short stories by J Dark, author of the “Glass Bottles” series. None of these stories are related to that series, and each story has a flavor and spirit all it’s own. There is a broad mixture here from light comedy to heavy drama. On the latter, I particularly recommend “The Jiminy” and “Saying Goodbye”, both of which are also available separately from this collection in digital formats. If you are looking for a set of short stories rather than a long novel to settle down with with for the night, this is one you’ll want to consider.
Sometimes After Dark by J Dark is available from Paper Angel Press (and the usual online booksellers).